Happy Memorial Day weekend! I hope you have plans to enjoy this time with family & friends. It is not supposed to be the nicest weather here in Crested Butte, but the sidewalk sales will carry on regardless. The aspens are starting to bud and the world is trying to turn green for the summer.
I won’t keep you from your burgers & watermelon for too long. Here are just a few quick items of note:
- Mortgage rates have just hit a 6 month low. The rate for a 30 year fixed loan is 4.29% while a 15 year fixed loan can be found as low as 3.38%. If you didn’t refinance last year when the rates were low, now could be a good time to do that. It is also a great time to consider a purchase. There are some new rules that lenders have to follow so it can challenging to go through the process. It is a good idea to talk with a lender before you make an offer so you know what may or may not work for you.
- CBMR will turn on the chairlifts for the summer season on June 14. It still looks like you could ski a good distance down the mountain, but I’m sure it will be ready for mountain biking and hiking by then.
- CNN named Crested Butte one of the best mountain towns for a Summer Vacation deal. See the short article here.
- Do you like to run? Read this article about all the great races and trails in Crested Butte & Gunnison.
- Do you like opera? Denver’s 5280 Magazine mentioned the Crested Butte Music Festival as something you should check out.
- Crested Butte’s recent summer Olympian, Emma Coburn, crushed the competition in the steepchase in Shanghai. Read more about it here.
- The Crested Butte Community School was ranked number 6 out of all of the schools in Colorado and number 318 in the nation (out of 31,200!). We already knew it was a great place for our kids to go to school, but this lets everyone else know it too.
REMINDER – This year I am finally going to be rafting down the Grand Canyon with my family & some friends! We have had the permit for 5 years and have been on the list for almost 20 so it really has been a long time coming. I will be out of touch for a little more than two weeks from May 30 – June 17, but Maggie Dethloff will be available to assist anyone either in person or by phone or email. You can contact her by phone at 970-209-7880 or by email at email@example.com. She will be checking my email & voice mail too so feel free to use my contact information – she will get back to you either way!
Thank you for your understanding – I’ll be happy to tell you all about the trip when I get back and I’m sure I will post photos on Facebook too. I really appreciate your business and hope to see you in 2014!